About Us

What is IVI?

Due to growth in demand for products of the IVC group of companies, it required expansion of it's production activities hence, in 1991, Indian Valve International ( IVI ) came into being with the sole objective of entering the international markets. IVI products are presently exported to countries in West Africa, South East Asia, the gulf countries etc. Getting good support in designs and drawings from IVPL, Nashik, IVI was able to develop the manufacture of Sluice Valves up to 1,500 mm and Butterfly valves upto 1,800 mm within a very short span of time. Presently IVI is able to execute big orders for larger valves as aforementioned. Quality of products also improved and their durability resulted in an increase in sales. IVI is a licensee of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for sluice valves and non- return valves.

Who is IVI?

Customers are apt to wonder as to who is IVI and who are managing such a technically designed and durable product?

The following gentlemen, all professionally qualified are the Managing Partners of IVI :

1. Tarun Mukherjee B.Tech., P.G.D.M

2. Raghupati Sengupta M.Com., L.L.B., F.C.A.

3. Gautam Nag B.Sc., C.M.A., A.I.S.

4. Apurbakanti Mukherjee M.B.A., Instituto de Embresa and NUS, BS, Computer

5. Anirban Sengupta B.Sc., M.B.A.

6. Raju Sengupta B.COM, PGDBM

In addition there are at the least twelve qualified engineers heading different functions.

IVI'S assistance to IVPL, Nashik : Due to unforeseen circumstances in 1990, Indian Valves Pvt. Ltd. Nashik, had difficulties in procuring Cast Iron castings due to which IVI came into existence. Additionally, production of small valves was found not viable at Nasjik works hence IVI, with design support from IVPL, also manufactured the same on their behalf and the support still continues.

PHED, Government of West Bengal : Small contractors of The Public Health Engineering Directorate (PHED) of West Bengal were finding it difficult to provide Road Permits/Way Bills/'C" Forms for import of IVC valves from Nashik due to lack of infrastructure. There are, at the least, 200 small contractors of PHED who are benefited due to launching of IVI in Howrah.

Quality Control : IVI felt the requirement for marking of the Indian Standards Institute/Bureau of Indian Standards on their finished products for wider recognition and, as such, obtained the same thereby incorporating quality control on all finished products for both India and abroad.

Application and Advantages :
Products of IVI are applied for the following:

Water works for Pumping stations, Treatment plants
Transmission Main
Sewage handling projects - Pumping stations,Treatment Plants
Thermal/Atomic power stations,
Steel plants,
Process Industries
Large Lift irrigation projects
World Bank/IDA aided projects - Water Conveyance System

IVI have also exported their products abroad to such countries as West Africa, South East Asia, Dubai, Australia etc.

Accredition : IVI products have been accredited by leading consultants such as SGS India Pvt. Ltd., Dastur & Co., Rites Limited (a Government of India enterprise), Sevelopment Consultants Ltd., Projects & Development India Ltd., Mecon Ltd. (a Government of India enterprise), Dalal Consultants BVIS India Ltd., etc.

Production Capacity : IVI have two manufacturing units at Howrah, West Bengal and a captive unit for the manufacture of ductile iron castings at Rajkot, Gujarat with a total strength of 106 heads. At present, IVI is capable of manufacturing 2,400 M.T. of Valves and Gates annually and the present capacity utilization is around 60% leaving the balance 40% for the future.